Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4 - Blood Mountain

From PJ:

It is April 4th, I wanna say. I think that's right. It's Monday. I just got out of camp. Last night the camp was SUPER crowded. There were probably 40 people there. We were the first people there, my little group, but it was packed, so I didn't get a good sleep at all. 

It's taking me forever tyo break out of camp in the morning, which is frustrating, but I think that it is something that takes about an hour. I don't know how to speed it up. 

I kind of let a lot of people go by me, so I started a little later so I could just walk by myself.

Everything has been going real good. No real injuries. I turned my ankle, but it seems to be fine. It doesn't bother me at all right now. That's good. I should be stopping into town today. Neel's Gap. Something like that. Get some stuff. Maybe try to call mom. Hopefully I can see some of the Villanova game.

Mountain Crossings
Here puppy...

PJ aka: Earnhardt and two hiking buddies

View from the mountain

I'm on the top of blood Mountain. April 4th. I'm kind of just hanging out right now. I was able to catch up to my buddies, so we'll probably go down this hill. It's gonna be tough. It probably took me four hours to get up this mountain. And that was moving pretty fast. I was passing people who left before me. And that downhill's gonna be tough, too. But I should be going into a town today. That will be exciting. It's really pretty. We're about 4,500 ft up.

Don't mess with Squatch


Data

From Lance Creek to Neel Gap

Days Hiking: 4
Miles Hiked Today: 7.4
Elevation Gain: 1, 594 ft
Total Miles hiked: 29.3

No comments:

Post a Comment