Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 13 - Camping Solo

From PJ:

I'm at the NOC - The Nantahala Outdoor Center. It's a pretty cool place. They've got a lot of kayaking and stuff, and a little restaurant.

The NOC

PJ has to hang his food up in the tree - to keep away raccoons, rodents, or BEARS!!!!



It's Wednesday night, I just set up my spot right here on this trail. I got my bag up, I'm all by myself. There's nobody that way for a long time- til the outdoor center. There are no shelters between and no shelters on the other side of this for like two miles. So I just camped here. Camping solo tonight. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, I think the bears are all still sleeping, so I'm more worried about the mice than anything. 

Oh, and somebody left a 20 dollar bill on this plaque, which I'm assuming was trail magic. Anyway, I'm 20 dollars richer...

Data: 

Since PJ is hiking in some undesignated place, I'm just going to do my best guess...

Days Hiking - 13
Miles hiked today: 17.4
Elevation Gained Today: 3909 ft.
Total Miles Hiked - 143.1


No comments:

Post a Comment