Monday, April 18, 2016

April 14 - Jacob's Ladder

From PJ:

[Camping Solo] was fine. Doing it again tonight. Will be at Fontana Dam tomorrow morning.

It will be a short day tomorrow. Did over 15 miles the last three days [each]. My dogs are barkin'. Might stop in Fontana to eat, but will be sleeping at the Fontana Dam shelter aka the "Fontana Hilton." I guess it is a really nice shelter free showers.

Hiking has been tough. Still a lot of elevation went up Jacob's Ladder today which was brutal. In a few weeks it should get easier. Have lost some weight already. I have to wear a belt now. Which is funny if you saw what I eat and how much I eat. Probably burned 6,000 calories a day - no exaggeration.

From Catania (to PJ)
"That's cool. Chase just said you were inspiring, then asked, "What does inspiring mean?"
Rex answered, "Inspiring means killing."

From PJ:

There is a mouse outside my tent right now. I might inspire him if he tries to get in.

A mouse chewed through someone's tent last week and the guy smashed the thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment