Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 11 - Rainy Day


On the Trail - the waterfall is actually the trail because of the rain.

From PJ:


It's Monday Morning, April 11. I'm actually on the trail right now. This [waterfall] is like part of it. I got confused for a second because it looks like water, but it [the trail] picks up.

I stayed in Long Branch Shelter last night. I actually stayed in the shelter for the first time instead of my tent. It was alright. It KILLED my back. That's my worst injury - from sleeping rather than hiking. 

I'm going into Franklin, North Carolina. I've been hiking some better miles lately. I broke away from that group I was with before. But hopefully, I can meet them in Franklin. I'm trying to get all the way to Winding Stair Gap today, which is up further than the entry point to get into Franklin, so when I get back on the trail, I'm going to be way ahead of these guys, but yeah - it's going pretty good.

It's been COLD the last two nights. Last night wasn't as bad.  I finished the video, and I'm going to try to send it."

Data:

Days Hiking: 11
Miles Hiked Today: 10
Elevation Gained Today: 0 - all downhill today. Don't let this fool you...hiking downhill is tough. Maybe even harder than going uphill.
Total Miles Hiked: 110 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment