Monday, April 18, 2016

April 17 - Bear Country

From PJ:

Hey Catania, I am at Double Spring Shelter. My reception isn't good enough to send a video so I will try tomorrow. Big day tomorrow. Going to start hiking at five so we can get to Klingsman Mountain for sunrise. This will be the highest elevation on the whole AT. 

Also going to try to hit 26.2 tomorrow for Marathon Monday. Not my idea, but I'm going to give it a go. Will probably take all day.

[Later in the day].

It's April 17th, it's night time. I'm trying to find my tent. 

We are in bear country now. Apparently the bears are up and at 'em, so I just hung my whole pack up in a tree. And I'm nestled right back in here. I'm in Tennessee right now, but if I go twenty feet, then I'm in North Carolina. 

Well, hopefully we don't get any visitors...

No comments:

Post a Comment