Thursday, June 23, 2016

May 31 - BEARS!!!

From PJ:


[Catania said: AHHHHH!]





I'm in VA for another week. I saw the first bear cub when I was on a side trail. He seemed a little curious about me and took a couple of steps towards me but backed off when I yelled at him. I took a few more steps and didn't even see the mom right in front of me. I was within 15 ft of both of them. 

I went to the loft Mt. Wayside to eat lunch. Burger and fries. Came back with a girl who was waiting for me because she saw the bears, too and didn't want to walk back alone. When we got back, I saw three and then four bears! They couldn't care less about me, the mom especially.

The mom was just in the stream looking for fish or bugs. There was one cub who walked towards me again, probably the first one I saw but they weren't scary at all.

One was climbing a tree, which was pretty funny.

It was awesome. Right next to the road, too. But it really wasn't that scary. They quickly accepted me as one of their own.

[Catania: Maybe it's because of your scent...when's the last time you showered? ;) ]

Its been 9 days or so. I could have showered today, but I'm not a sissyboy.

Might as well poop on the toilet.

[Catania: Rex just told me he wants you to catch the baby bear and bring it to him so he can tame it.]

I'll try to capture one for him. These cubs were pretty big, though. Probably a year. Over 100 lbs.

***

Up to seven bears for the day. Also passed 900 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment