Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 23 - Cornelius Creek



From PJ:

I just read that they killed the wrong bear that bit that guy in the Smokeys.

So...I'm at Cornelius Creek shelter - mile 764 or so. It ended up storming pretty bad last night, so my stuff was dry for about 12 hours. The weather is supposed to be good for the next few days though, so that's exciting.

Trails have thinned out a lot. I only saw 5 other hikers all day. Much easier hiking now that I was able to resupply. Mom sent me a bunch of food, and Dad hooked me up with some cash, so that helps a lot. Also helps that there was a Kroger in the last town, so I was able to get a lot of stuff there for only 20 bucks. At the gas station, it probably would have been 60 bucks. Been really upping the miles. Will be at 800 by Wednesday afternoon.

Also, someone left a bunch of soda, candy, and homemade cookies and brownies at this shelter - which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment