Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 6 - Goading Rattlesnakes


Woo hoo!!!


Luna Moth

From PJ:

It's [the Luna Moth's] wing was torn, so it might be in trouble.


This is the third turtle I've seen. They always make me laugh because it seems like they are hiking the trail, too - just very slow.

Plus, we like to say that we are in "turtle mode" whenever we are moving slow.


I made this into the wallpaper in my phone.

***

A group of at least five helicopters just flew over me. Must be Burt Reynolds or something.

I'm only about 50 miles out of DC. Down in Georgia and North Carolina we would see a lot of military planes training.

***

I just finished a little snack. I'm pretty excited because in about 6 miles there is a pizza place so Patriot and I are gonna go there and pig out.

And tomorrow only doing about three miles into Harper's Ferry. Probably eat a bunch of food there, possibly go tubing if the weather holds up. I know there is a hurricane/tropical storm to the south of us. Beautiful weather today, though.


[Catania: When Pete and I watched this, Pete said, "I can tell PJ has been on the hike a while now - he is GOADING a rattlesnake!"]

From PJ:

Haha! I almost stepped on him. He didn't rattle until the last second. I may have used a "sentence enhancer"...as dad likes to call it.




Circle of Life

It stunk bad.

Worse than I do.



I always want to pick up the turtles and bring them with me, but we try to let nature be out here, maaaaan. {peace sign emoji, peace sign emoji, peace sign emoji}


No comments:

Post a Comment