Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 8 - Marion Virginia

From PJ:

I'm in Marion, Virginia today. It was pretty easy hiking. We did 19 miles in Less to Partnership Shelter, and some local dudes gave us a ride into town.




We had these dogs with us most of the day. They hiked about 30 miles away from home. We just gave them back to their owners. They were just pups. 6 months old. Spot and Gus.




I saw about 30 horses yesterday.

They are kind of wild. The ATC looks after them, but they just roam free in the Grayson Highlands and poop everywhere. They help maintain the bald.

I even saw one do his dominations on another. I was already videotaping, and he just started dominating...


I am at a real mom and pop joint right now. I mean, literally. The husband cooks the food and the wife waits on tables. There is no staff.




No comments:

Post a Comment