Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 6 - Weather

It's springtime on the Appalachian Trail. PJ is experiencing all types of weather...


Hail on the Appalachian Trail

From PJ:

Rough weather today. Experienced pretty much every type of precipitation there is. Rain, sleet, snow, and hail.

I'm alright. I got into my tent and set up. Changed into dry clothes, so I'm feeling warmer. I'm around mile 494. Was planning on going to Thomas Knob Shelter, but stopped short, and I'm glad I did. It started hailing right when I set up my tent. But it's not as snowy down here - which is why I stopped.

Tomorrow should be good, though. I will hit 500 miles and should see some wild horses. Today I just saw some dingus cows.

Dingus Cows

It's pretty exciting. Even with the bad weather, I'm still having an awesome time.

When I first saw the snow I was really excited, and it looked really cool on top of Whitetop Mountain, but once my feet started to get wet, it wasn't as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment